Access Williamsburg courses through your local charter school or district
Williamsburg Academy partners with Williamsburg Learning (“WL”), which provides Williamsburg Academy with its curriculum and professional development. WL also works with school districts, charter schools, and charter management companies (“Partners”) as a curriculum provider. If you are a student currently enrolled in a public or charter school, you may have the ability to take Williamsburg courses, depending on the laws in your state and the policies in your school or district.
Below is a list of states where WL currently works as a vendor/curriculum provider with traditional public schools, public charter schools, and school management companies. If you are a student, parent, or school administrator and you want to learn more about using The Williamsburg Curriculum, please contact us. WL is consistently working to offer The Williamsburg Curriculum to more students at school districts and charter schools.
Q&A - How It Works
Each partner school has its own guidelines, so we encourage you to contact them before you register. However, the general process looks like this:
- Enroll your student at your nearest partner school
- Choose which Williamsburg courses your student will take
- Register for Williamsburg courses through our SIS
- At checkout, select the name of your partner school so we can invoice them
Note: Colorado students enroll directly at Williamsburg. See the Colorado information below for details.
Although most partner schools provide funding for all Williamsburg courses, some have a few restrictions. Total available funding can also vary between schools. To avoid any surprises, we recommend that you check with your partner school’s academic counselor to ensure they will fund all of your student’s desired courses.
Once you’ve confirmed that all of your student’s courses will be approved, you do not have to wait for funding before you register. We’ll invoice your partner school directly at the appropriate time each year, so you never have to pay up front. In fact, we encourage you to register for both fall and winter semesters ASAP to avoid losing out on the ideal schedule for your student.
When your student enrolls at a partner school and receives funding to pay for Williamsburg courses, they are officially considered a student of that partner school (not Williamsburg). The partner school through which your student enrolls is also known as their “school of record.”
Because your child is officially a student at their school of record, they are subject to the graduation requirements of that school (again, not Williamsburg’s). You can check with your partner school’s academic counselor to review their graduation requirements and make sure your student is on track.
If your student has completed all graduation requirements for both Williamsburg and her charter school or school district, in addition to the diploma she will receive from her school, she will receive a Certificate of Merit from Williamsburg and can fully participate in our online graduation ceremony with her peers.
If your student’s college applications require information from a school counselor, the school from which your child receives her diploma should provide the needed information. In most cases, that is the charter school or school district in which your child is enrolled.
Yes, unless the scholarship or college application specifies that the letter must come from a teacher at the school from which the student is graduating. We are happy to provide letters of recommendation whenever we can!
For questions about The Williamsburg Curriculum, registering for courses in SIS, and technical support for your student’s classes, contact us at 800-200-6869.
For questions about academic counseling, IEPs and special accommodations, funding, and enrolling at your partner school, please contact your partner school’s academic counselor.
Our Partner Schools & Districts
- Copper River School District, 907-822-3234
- Cyberlynx Correspondence Program, (888) 424-5969
- Fairbanks North Star Borough School District, 907-452-2000
- Family Partnership Charter School, 907-742-3700
- Frontier Charter School, 907-742-1180
- Galena City School District (IDEA), 907-374-2271
- Kenai Peninsula Borough School District, 907-714-8888
- Mat-Su Borough School District, 907-746-9200
- PACE Correspondence School, 907-677-0992
- Raven Homeschool, 907-374-9401 or 888-997-2836
- Twindly Bridge Charter School, 907-376-6680
View our list of “A-G Ready Courses ” that your student can take through one of our California partners listed below:
- Blue Ridge Academy, 661-525-1178, serves students in Los Angeles, Ventura, & Kern counties
- Connecting Waters Charter School, 209-543-7803, serves students in Stanislaus, San Joaquin, Alameda, Calaveras, Mariposa, Merced, Santa Clara, and Tuolumne counties
- Dehesa Charter School, 760-743-7880, serves students in Orange, Riverside, and San Diego counties
- Elite Academic Academy, 866-354-8302 Ext. 702, serves students in Los Angeles, San Diego, San Bernardino, Orange, Riverside, Kern, Inyo, & Imperial counties
- Excel Academy, 949-387-7822
- Forest Charter School, 530-265-4823
- Granite Mountain Charter School, 909-906-3593, serves students in San Bernardino, Riverside, Los Angeles, Kern, Orange, and Inyo counties
- Gorman Learning Charter, 909-307-6312, serves students in San Bernardino, Los Angeles, Kern, Orange County, Ventura, Riverside, and Inyo counties
- Heartland Charter School, 661-360-6317, serves students in Kern, Tulare, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Inyo, Kings, and Ventura counties
- iLEAD Exploration, 661-722-4287, serves students in Los Angeles, Orange, Kern, Ventura, and San Bernardino counties
- Peak Prep Academy, 415-599-4289
- Sage Oak Charter School, 888-435-4445
- Twin Ridges Home Study, 530-478-1815
- The following schools managed by Innovative Education Management, Inc., 800-979-4436, where Williamsburg is an approved vendor:
- Ocean Grove Charter School, 844-283-7113, serves students in Santa Cruz, Monterey, San Benito, Santa Clara, and San Mateo counties
- Sky Mountain Charter School, 800-979-4436, serves students in San Bernardino, Inyo, Kern, Los Angeles, Orange and Riverside counties
- South Sutter Charter School, 800-979-4436, serves students in Sutter, Butte, Colusa, Placer, Sacramento, Yolo, and Yuba counties
Education reEnvisioned BOCES (BOCES). If your student lives in Colorado, enrolling in Williamsburg courses for free is easy! First, speak with a Williamsburg enrollment advisor to ensure we’re a good fit for your student. Then, you may register them for courses directly. No enrollment application is required (we’ll invoice BOCES directly). See our BOCES web page for additional details.
Note: In order for BOCES to cover the cost of tuition, your student must be enrolled full-time and Williamsburg Learning must be their only curriculum provider. We offer a full range of courses to choose from.
- Canyon Grove Academy, 385-240-4470. See registration instructions.
- Leadership Academy of Utah is a free, public charter school in Utah accessible to all students in grades 6-12 throughout Utah. 800-200-6869
- South Sanpete, 435-835-2261. See registration instructions.
- St. George Academy is a tuition-free, charter high school accessible to online students in grades 8-12 in Washington county. To enroll, please email Amanda Gerry and request an enrollment form. She will send you a digital welcome pack with everything you need to get started.
- Viper Flight (Utah Military Academy), 435-240-4470