Access Williamsburg courses tuition-free.
Williamsburg Academy partners with Williamsburg Learning (“WL”), which provides Williamsburg Academy with its curriculum and professional development. WL also works with school districts, charter schools, and charter management companies (“Partners”) as a curriculum provider. If you are a student currently enrolled in a public or charter school, you may have the ability to take Williamsburg courses, depending on the laws in your state and the policies in your school or district.
Below is a list of states where WL currently works as a vendor/curriculum provider with traditional public schools, public charter schools, and school management companies. If you are a student, parent, or school administrator and you want to learn more about using The Williamsburg Curriculum, please contact us. WL is consistently working to offer The Williamsburg Curriculum to more students at school districts and charter schools.
The basic steps are similar for most Partners we work with:
- Each of WL’s Partners have advisors who help students know what courses they should take. Call the Partner in your area, get enrolled if you are not already, and decide which Williamsburg courses to take.
- Register for classes at Williamsburg. During registration you’ll be asked if there is a third party paying your tuition, and, if so, which one. Select your Partner’s name from the list.
- If you are concerned about a Williamsburg class filling up, you can do steps 1 & 2 simultaneously. However, if your Partner does not end up approving the courses you chose, you will need to make their recommended changes to your schedule or pay the tuition yourself. You also have the option of withdrawing from classes within 28 days of the date the semester begins, which is our tuition guarantee period.
Each Partner has its own policies and procedures you will be required to follow. Many of them fill their seats months in advance. We recommend you contact them as early as possible before the beginning of a school year.
- Copper River School District, 907-822-3234
- Cyberlynx Correspondence Program, (888) 424-5969
- Fairbanks North Star Borough School District, 907-452-2000
- Family Partnership Charter School, 907-742-3700
- Frontier Charter School, 907-742-1180
- Galena City School District (IDEA), 907-374-2271
- Kenai Peninsula Borough School District, 907-714-8888
- Mat-Su Borough School District, 907-746-9200
- PACE Correspondence School, 907-677-0992
- Raven Homeschool, 907-374-9401 or 888-997-2836
- Twindly Bridge Charter School, 907-376-6680
- Connecting Waters Charter School, 209-543-7803, serves students in Stanislaus, San Joaquin, Alameda, Calaveras, Mariposa, Merced, Santa Clara, and Tuolumne counties
- Dehesa Charter School, 760-743-7880, serves students in Orange, Riverside, and San Diego counties
- Elite Academic Academy, 866-354-8302 Ext. 702, serves students in Los Angeles, San Diego, San Bernardino, Orange, Riverside, Kern, Inyo, & Imperial Counties
- Excel Academy, 949-387-7822
- Forest Charter School, 530-265-4823
- iLEAD Exploration, 661-722-4287, serves students in Los Angeles, Orange, Kern, Ventura, and San Bernardino counties
- Inspire Charter Schools, 626-317-0112
- Peak Prep Academy, 415-599-4289
- Sage Oak Charter School, 888-435-4445
- Summit Academy, 818-450-9810
- Twin Ridges Home Study, 530-478-1815
- The following schools managed by Innovative Education Management, Inc., 800-979-4436, where Williamsburg is an approved vendor:
- Ocean Grove Charter School, 844-283-7113, serves students in Santa Cruz, Monterey, San Benito, Santa Clara, and San Mateo counties
- Sky Mountain Charter School, 800-979-4436, serves students in San Bernardino, Inyo, Kern, Los Angeles, Orange and Riverside counties
- South Sutter Charter School, 800-979-4436, serves students in Sutter, Butte, Colusa, Placer, Sacramento, Yolo, and Yuba counties
- Canyon Grove Academy, 385-240-4470. See registration instructions.
- Leadership Academy of Utah is a free, public charter school in Utah accessible to all students in grades 6-12 in Utah. 800-200-6869
- South Sanpete, 435-835-2261. See registration instructions.
- Viper Flight (Utah Military Academy), 435-240-4470
When my student is enrolled at a charter school or school district and takes Williamsburg courses, will my student graduate from Williamsburg or from the charter or district?
Students will graduate from the school granting their credit. For students enrolled in charter schools or school districts, these schools are technically the credit-granting institutions, so this is where students will graduate. However, all students taking Williamsburg courses are invited to participate in Williamsburg’s graduation ceremony.
What if my student completes all of Williamsburg’s graduation requirements?
If your student has completed all graduation requirements for both Williamsburg and her charter school or school district, in addition to the diploma she will receive from her school, she will receive a Certificate of Merit from Williamsburg and will fully participate in our online graduation ceremony with her peers.
Part of my student’s college application process requires information from a school counselor. Should I contact Williamsburg or the charter or school district?
The school from which your child receives her diploma should complete this form; in most cases, that is the charter school or school district in which your child is enrolled.
Part of the college application process also asks for academic letters of recommendation. Can Williamsburg mentors provide these letters even though my student is a student at a charter or school district?
Yes, unless the form specifies that the letter must come from a teacher at the school from which the student is graduating. We are happy to provide letters whenever we can!
Or, contact us if you have questions about enrolling through a partner school or district.