Why Take This Course?
This course builds on HS Math 3A, helping you get closer to mastering algebra. You’ll keep noticing patterns and structure in simple situations and seeing how they apply to more abstract ones. You’ll also dive into rational functions, logarithmic functions, sinusoidal functions, inverse and composite functions, and statistics. Your brain is learning how to think logically, and unlocking a whole new way of looking at the world.
|Section 1||Section 2||Section 3||Section 4||Section 5|
Add and Subtract Rational Functions
Law of Sines, Law of Cosines
Multiply and Divide Rational functions
Solve Exponential Equations Using Logarithms
Midline, Amplitude, and Period of Sinusoidal Functions
End Behavior with Rational Functions
Graphing and Modeling
Texts and Materials Students Must Purchase
- Simon Singh - "Fermat's Enigma: The Epic Quest to Solve the World's Greatest Mathematical Problem"
- Students must create an account in Khan Academy and add Williamsburg Academy as their coach.
- Students taking the self-paced or independent version of this course do not need to purchase any texts or materials.
- Recommended Grade: 10th (Sophomore), 11th (Junior)
- Prerequisites: High School Math 3A
- Versions & Estimated Weekly Hours: 7*
- Format: Live / Self-Paced / Independent
- Credits: 0.5
*Math students will spend four hours in live workshops with a mentor or tutor and an estimated 30 minutes a day practicing math..