Why Take This Course?
This course is all about mastering algebra, which will challenge you to take your knowledge of arithmetic to a deeper, more abstract level. You’ll learn to see patterns in simple situations and extend them to universal situations—a skill you can use in your everyday life. You will also learn how to apply addition, subtraction, multiplication and division to polynomials, and study exponential functions, radical functions, and complex numbers.
|Section 1||Section 2||Section 3||Section 4|
|Sequences and Series||Exponents and Growth||Arithmetic with Polynomials||End Behavior of Models
|Arithmetic Sequences and Series||Linear Growth v Exponential Growth||Add and Subtract Polynomials||Classify Complex Numbers
|Geometric Sequences and Series||Exponential Equations||Multiply and Divide Polynomials||Arithmetic with Complex Numbers
|Exponential Models||Finding Zeros of Polynomials||Complex Solutions of Quadratics and Polynomials
|Solving Equations||Even and Odd Functions|
Texts and Materials Students Must Purchase
- Simon Singh - "Fermat's Enigma: The Epic Quest to Solve the World's Greatest Mathematical Problem"
- Students must create an account in Khan Academy and add Williamsburg Academy as their coach.
- Students taking the self-paced or independent version of this course do not need to purchase any texts or materials.
- Recommended Grade: 10th (Sophomore), 11th (Junior)
- Prerequisites: High School Math 2B
- Versions & Estimated Weekly Hours: 7*
- Format: Live / Self-Paced / Independent
- Credits: 0.5
*Math students will spend four hours in live workshops with a mentor or tutor and an estimated 30 minutes a day practicing math.