Why Take This Course?
In this course, you will build on the foundations you gained in HS Math 2A and take your logic and reasoning skills to the next level. You’ll dig deeper into geometry, learn the art of crafting mathematical proofs, and dive into quadratics and the quadratic formula. You will also study topics from trigonometry and probability throughout the semester and continue learning from Euclid, well on your way to becoming a logical ninja.
|Section 1||Section 2||Section 3||Section 4|
|Complex Numbers||Quadratics||Irrational Numbers||Probability
|Quadratics||Right Triangles & Trigonometry|
Texts and Materials Students Must Purchase
- Euclid's Elements by Euclid, Dana Densmore, T. L. Heath
- Students must create an account in Khan Academy and add Williamsburg Academy as their coach.
- Students taking the self-paced or independent version of this course do not need to purchase any texts or materials.
- Recommended Grade: 10th (Sophomore), 11th (Junior)
- Prerequisites: High School Math 2A
- Versions & Estimated Weekly Hours: 7*
- Format: Live / Self-Paced / Independent
- Credits: 0.5
*Math students will spend four hours in live workshops with a mentor or tutor and an estimated 30 minutes a day practicing math.