Why Take This Course?
In this course, you’ll learn how systems, sequences, and mathematical expressions can deepen your problem-solving skills and help you understand your world. You’ll be refining your ability to think and reason logically as you study equations and inequalities, scatter plots, and two-way tables. You will also continue getting to know Euclid and other great mathematical thinkers who helped create the world of math we know today.
|Section 1||Section 2||Section 3||Section 4|
Systems of equations
Exponential growth & decay
Solving equations & inequalities
Inequalities (systems & graphs)
Texts and Materials Students Must Purchase
- Euclid, Dana Densmore, T. L. Heath - "Euclid's Elements" - Provided by WL
- Students must create an account in Khan Academy and add Williamsburg Academy as their coach.
- Students taking the self-paced or independent version of this course do not need to purchase any texts or materials.
- Recommended Grade: 9th (Freshman), 10th (Sophomore)
- Prerequisites: High School Math 1A
- Versions & Estimated Weekly Hours: 7*
- Format: Live / Self-Paced / Independent
- Credits: 0.5
*Math students will spend four hours in live workshops with a mentor or tutor and an estimated 30 minutes a day practicing math.