Why Take This Course?
Independent Fine Arts Courses allow you to earn academic credit for the extra-curricular activities you are already doing. Students often put in long hours practicing musical instruments, voice training, drawing or doing sculpture, acting, or working on other fine arts skills. If you are willing to log your time and meet certain requirements, you can receive credit for your work!
What are the Requirements and How Does It Work?
- Register for an independent course in the area where you want to earn credit. If your area of study isn’t listed, choose the “Not Listed” option during registration, and we will contact you later to add the course. You cannot receive credit for work completed before or after the semester in which you take the independent course.
- Log 60 hours of practice/performance during the semester.
- Complete 4 brief reports, one for every 15 hours of practice/performance.
- Receive instruction at least four times from a person who is qualified as a professional in the field (high school coaches, construction contractors, martial arts instructors, piano teachers, etc.).
- Submit your instructor’s contact information so we can contact him or her to confirm.
- Recommended Grade: 9th (Freshman), 10th (Sophomore), 11th (Junior), 12th (Senior)
- Prerequisites: None
- Versions & Estimated Weekly Hours: 4
- Format: Self-paced
- Credits: 0.5