Students in Utah can take Williamsburg classes tuition free if they enroll at a public charter school that partners with Harmony Ed. This page explains how the arrangement works and what parents and students need to do to qualify.
How it works
Students in Utah are eligible to take courses from Williamsburg Academy (grades 6–12) without paying tuition. IMPORTANT: To be eligible, students must enroll at public charter schools or districts that partner with Harmony Educational Services. Currently, Harmony Ed only provides fall and winter courses; it does not provide summer courses.
Grades 9 – 12
- Each student can take up to 6 courses per semester
- Students may choose any combination of Williamsburg’s online courses, as approved by the partner school, in accordance with the student’s College and Career Readiness Plan, with the exception of Elevation courses
- Students are not eligible to attend the Elevation outdoor course under this agreement; if students want to take this course they need to register and pay personally
Grades 6 – 8
- Each student can take up to 3 core courses (Leadership, Humanities, and STEM)
- Students may take one elective course or one writing course, in addition to the 3 core courses
- As noted under High School section, students are not eligible to attend Elevation under this agreement
How to register
- Go to www.harmonyed.com and learn about the Independent Learning program
- Sign up on the waiting list at www.harmonyed.com, Utah here. (Note: the waiting list doesn’t necessarily mean enrollment is full. If there’s space, you’ll be enrolled, and if not, you’ll be placed on a waiting list. Either way, Harmony Ed will contact you within 24 hours after you’ve joined the waiting list to let you know your status.)
- Once you’ve received an offer of admission, and completed all admissions paperwork, you are ready to register for Williamsburg courses. Just follow steps 1 – 4 listed below for returning students
- Note: If you are concerned about your desired classes filling up, you can register for Williamsburg courses before you’ve completed the Harmony enrollment process. Just remember, you are responsible for ensuring the courses you register for are approved by Harmony and you are responsible for any tuition Harmony won’t cover.
- As a starting point, it is recommended that you contact Harmony before registering at Williamsburg to ensure you are registering for the correct courses. If you are concerned about your desired classes filling up, you can register for Williamsburg courses before you’ve completed the Harmony enrollment process. Just remember, you are responsible for ensuring the courses you register for are approved by Harmony and you are responsible for any tuition Harmony won’t cover.
- Go to www.williamsburgacademy.org to learn about the courses
- Parents, when you’re ready to register your student
- Click the SIS Login link from the top of any page on www.williamsburgacademy.org
- Login to SIS and click on Registration
- You need to register for BOTH fall and winter semesters. By registering for fall semester you are not automatically registered for winter. If you don’t register for winter now, you’ll have to come back and add it later, and the courses you want may be full. Remember, you can always switch one class for another before the semester begins. Just login to SIS and click drop/switch
- At the end of the registration process, be sure to specify that Harmony Ed will be your third-party provider. *NOTE*: You are NOT officially registered with Harmony Ed until you complete all steps with Harmony; if you register at Williamsburg only, Harmony Ed will not pay for your courses
- Contact Harmony Ed and speak to an enrollment advisor to make sure you’ve submitted all required forms; email@example.com, 801-471-0208
Utah Common Core Math Course Nomenclature
Williamsburg Academy uses traditional math course names (Algebra 1, Geometry, Algebra 2, etc.), but the curriculum for these courses has been mapped to Utah Common Core requirements. Upon completion of a given semester, Williamsburg will record the Utah math course nomenclature when reporting grades to Harmony as follows:
- Algebra 1A – Secondary Math 1A
- Algebra 1B – Secondary Math 2A
- Geometry A – Secondary Math 1B
- Geometry B – Secondary Math 2B
- Algebra 2A – Secondary Math 3A
- Algebra 2B – Secondary Math 3B
- Euclidean Geometry A (Honors) – Secondary Math 1B
- Euclidean Geometry B (Honors) – Secondary Math 2B
For Harmony Ed admissions questions, contact Harmony’s admissions team: firstname.lastname@example.org, 801-471-0208 (Mon-Fri 9am – 5pm MST).
For questions about Williamsburg courses, contact Williamsburg Academic Coach, Shelly Jenkins: email@example.com, 800-200-6869 x 122 (Mon-Fri 9am – 5pm MST).