Students in grades 6-12 who live in Southeastern Idaho, as far west as Jerome, north to Sun Valley, and east to Idaho Falls, may access Williamsburg Academy courses tuition-free if they enroll at Bonneville Online High School (“BOHS”). If you live outside this geographical region, and you are willing to drive to Idaho Falls once a year for testing, you can still apply, and Bonneville may make exceptions to the geographical boundaries on a case-by-case basis.
Note: In addition to completing the registration process outlined below, your student must fulfill the BOHS enrollment and testing requirements listed at the bottom of this page.
How to register if you are a new or returning BOHS student
- Complete Bonneville’s registration form. For those that live outside of Bonneville School District #93 boundaries, you’ll need to complete an open enrollment form. (Feel free to move on to the next steps while completing this process, just be aware that Bonneville cannot pay for your Williamsburg courses if you do not complete the registration process.) Please note that with registration, your student will become a full-time Bonneville Online High School student, enrolled in Bonneville Joint School District 93, and will be reported to the state as attending District 93 full-time.
- Pay the $75 BOHS curriculum deposit. This deposit will be returned after credits are awarded (or your student graduates) and can be paid using the following options:
- Pay online through PowerSchool
- Mail a check to 3497 N. Ammon Road, Idaho Falls, ID 83401
- Pay in-person at the Bonneville offices (3385 East Iona Road, Idaho Falls, ID 83401). If you have questions, please call BOHS office (208) 557-6836.
- Register for Williamsburg Academy courses from this page. As you complete the process, be sure to register for both the fall and winter semesters at the same time. At the end of the process, be sure to specify that Bonneville is the “School of Record.” Please note the following guidelines for choosing your student’s courses:
- All students in grades 9-12 must be enrolled full-time (minimum 6 courses, Language Arts or Writing, Math, Science, & Social Studies must be 4 of the courses), either by taking a full-time Williamsburg load, or splitting the load between Williamsburg and Bonneville courses. Students cannot be enrolled part-time with Williamsburg and part-time homeschooled.
- All students in grades 6-8 must be enrolled full-time (minimum 4 courses, Humanities, Math, STEM, & Writing must be 4 of the courses), either by taking a full-time Williamsburg load, or splitting the load between Williamsburg and Bonneville courses. Students cannot be enrolled part-time with Williamsburg and part-time homeschooled.
How to request books for your Williamsburg courses
Once your student is registered, Bonneville will provide the required books for Williamsburg courses, as requested. Students may be required to obtain some class materials (such as lab supplies and journals) themselves. The process for ordering books is:
- Send a detailed email to Bonneville Online High School Secretary, Misty Jackson (firstname.lastname@example.org), with the following information in the email:
- Your student’s name in the subject line for the current semester only.
- Attach the PDF file provided to you by Williamsburg Academy for your student’s booklist for the current semester. Please do not copy and paste this into the email body.
- Books are ordered each semester and book order requests need to be received in the BOHS office on the following dates to ensure timely delivery for the start of your classes. Please allow 2-3 weeks for book orders to be processed.
- Fall booklists must be received by July 31st or prior for books to be delivered by the start of classes.
- Winter booklists need to be received by November 30th or prior for books to be delivered by the start of classes.
- Please understand if books are ordered after the above deadlines, you will still receive the textbooks, but you may not have them at the beginning of classes.
- Textbooks will be shipped directly to your Williamsburg Academy address listed on the book list form. If the address needs to be changed, please let BOHS Secretary know the new shipping address.
- Books cannot be returned once they are ordered. Our supplier does not accept returns.
- Bonneville School District #93 covers the cost of required textbooks only. All optional materials are the responsibility of the parent/guardian. Any items offered as a free download will not be ordered either.
- Questions? If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Misty Jackson at (208) 557-6836 or by email at email@example.com.
Enrollment and testing requirements for BOHS
- Students in grades 6, 7, 8, and 10 are required to travel to Idaho Falls once a year for state testing. In some cases, it may be a possibility to test in your local school district.
- Students in grade 11 are required to travel to Idaho Falls once a year to complete graduation requirements to take the SAT or contact BOHS school counselor, who can send you an SAT voucher for you to test at a local testing center location. Students may choose to pay for the ACT in their local area and send their test scores to BOHS to meet this requirement. Williamsburg’s College Leadership course will help prepare you to take the college entrance exam.
- High school students should use this chart to ensure you select courses that will meet the BOHS graduation requirements.