What do you believe separates a good class from a mediocre or even a bad one? At Williamsburg Learning, we have thought about this concept a lot. We have intentionally designed our curriculum and instruction around our Six Mentor Practices that form the foundation for exceptional learning. We believe every mentor will be prepared to create transformational learning experiences and inspire students to live meaningful lives as principled leaders when they become highly skilled at the Six Mentor Practices:
- Transformational Learning: Our mentors are trained to facilitate learning experiences for students that permanently expand the way students view themselves and the world.
- Connection: Our mentors are deeply connected to WL’s missions and values and relate to, inspire, challenge, and develop personal relationships with students.
- Engaging Presentation: Our mentors use a combination of powerful hooks, visuals, stories, personal touches, slides, and nonverbal communication to entice learning.
- Project-Based Learning: Project-Based Learning (or PBL) is about taking the principles students learn in the classroom and translating them into practical action. PBL invites students to become real-world problem solvers.
- Quality Feedback: Our mentors provide specific and meaningful feedback by reminding students why they matter, celebrating success, and offering specific suggestions for improvement that demand quality.
- Socratic Method: Our mentors ask the right kinds of questions at the right times to help students learn to ask the right questions and nurture critical thinking. This helps students understand how to think, not what to think.
Look for a detailed explanation of each practice in upcoming messages!
Executive Director, Williamsburg Academy
Fall registration for returning students starts this Monday, March 28! Get ready to take advantage of priority registration for returning students! Registration for new students will start on Wednesday, March 30. If you have any questions about registration, please call our Support Team at 800-200-6869.
Leave a review: Are you having a great experience at Williamsburg and want to help us spread the word? If so, we’d love to have you leave us a review on Niche or GreatSchools (or both!) to help new families find us. If your experience with us has been anything less than ideal, please call us at 800-200-6869.
Tech Safety Summit is next week! WA will be hosting a Tech Safety Summit from March 31-April 1. All content was sent earlier this week for parents to review. Parents and students are also invited to attend a special online event on Thursday, March 31, at 6:00 PM MT. If you have any questions, please send us an email.
Is your student interested in joining the Student Body Leadership team? Whether they want to run for President, Vice President, or Secretary or they’re simply interested in participating, students can sign up and submit their application for the Student Body Leadership team through Friday, April 8. Students can find more info and sign up in Homeroom under the “Student Services” section by selecting “Elections and Leadership.”
Today: New Student Outreach at 1:00 PM MT
Today: Ice Skating Party in Provo, UT from 4:00 PM-8:00 PM MT – Learn more here
March 28: Fall registration begins for returning families
March 30: Fall registration begins for new families
March 31-April 1: Tech Safety Summit
March 31: Online Tech Safety Summit event with with special guest Greta Eskridge at 6:00 PM MT
April 1: Inspiration Hour at 1:00 PM MT
April 1: First Friday Game Night with Student Body Leadership at 6:00 PM MT
April 18: Spring Recess – No Class
May 24: Lagoon Day – Learn more and sign up here