As you may know, our goal at Williamsburg Learning is to facilitate Transformational Learning Experiences (or TLEs) for your student in each of their courses. Here’s one example of a recent TLE from one of our middle school students:
“In Humanities class, we had an assignment about a story called “This is Water.” In the beginning of the story, there are two young fish swimming in a fishbowl. Then, they pass a big fish who says, “How’s the water?” and the two fish respond, “What is water?” This was a big learning moment for me because I realized when people live everyday life, we sometimes don’t recognize what we are really doing.” –Wynona M., 8th grade
Wishing you and your student a great weekend and more TLEs ahead!
Executive Director, Williamsburg Academy
Schedule a Parent-Mentor Conference (PMC) or request a Parent-Mentor Update (PMU): These are being held from February 1-5. Here’s how to decide which option is right for you:
- If you’re happy with your student’s progress but still want a personal update from their mentor, request a PMU. The mentor will send you a detailed email describing how your student is doing and informing you of any concerns by February 12.
- If you have a specific concern or in-depth question regarding one of your student’s courses, sign up for a PMC. These are 10-15 minute online meetings with the course mentor to get personalized insights on your student’s performance.
- Note: If your student’s mentor does not have a schedule link listed in the PMC sign up sheet above, stay tuned for that to be added within the next week. We will send out the link to this spreadsheet again in next week’s parent email.
Upcoming Burger Meets
We have a lot of fun activities planned for students in or near Utah in the coming months. Siblings are welcome as well. Click below to see the details and RSVP!
- Northern Utah: Click here to see available meetups and register
- Southern Utah: Click here to see available meetups and register
Today: High school Inspiration Hour at 1:00 PM MT
Today: The Princess Bride Movie and Game Night at 6:00 PM MT – Link available in Homeroom
January 28: High School Thursday Night Live at 4:00 PM MT – Find more information on the TNL page in Homeroom
January 29: High school Inspiration Hour at 1:00 PM MT